*Second Prize (PAS) Percussive Arts Society Composition Contest (2005)
- International Computer Music Conference (2011) United Kingdom
- The Society for Electro-Acoustic Music in the United States (2011) NYU & Stony Brook University, New York
•Published by Honey Rock Publishing Company (USA)
http://www.bluemallet.com/SHOP/GF-MUA-000038A.html (Publishing company in Japan)
1 The chart of Key Notation (PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS) on the page 2 indicates that large Tom-tom is written on the lower line (the 3rd line) than the small tom-tom (the 4th line) based on their pitch indications. measure 30 marks Tom-Tom (low): the large tom-tom has a lower indefinite pitch than small tom-tom as indicated in pg. 2. Also measure 32 specifies Tom-Tom (high). This is small tom-tom that has a higher indefinite pitch than large tom-tom.
2 In Rehearsal Letters from A to D, you might not have enough time to damp the cymbals (For example, in measure 64, 93). Also in the rehearsal letters F, G, H, let the cymbal ring.
However, m. 97, m. 99, m 102, m. 149, and m. 151 you need to damp after hitting each note of the cymbal because of the significance of the articulated rhythms.
3 Normal drum sticks should be used throughout the piece
4. Measure 16, the accent on the 4th sixteenth note on the second beat
5. *(asterisk) indicates cowbell only in the staff with the double bar clef.
For instance, m. 62, 78, 80, 82, 116 (bass drum), m. 63-64, 77 (cowbell)
6. In Rehearsal G: not Brushes but sticks
Instrumentation: Multi-Percussion Solo and 2-Channel Electroacoustic Music
Duration: 9 minPremiere:
Feb 25, 2011
John O’Neal’s Percussion Recital, Recital Hall, UNT, Denton TX, USA
- March 31-April 1, 2012, Society of Composers Conference, 2012, Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA USA
- July 31-Aug 5, 2011, International Computer Music Conference, 2011, University of Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- April 25, 2011, O’Neal’s Percussion Recital, Recital Hall, UNT, Denton TX, USA
- Feb 25, 2011, John O’Neal’s Percussion Recital, Recital Hall, UNT, Denton TX, USA
- Jan 20-22, 2011 The Society for Electro-Acoustic Music in the United States, 2011, Frost School of Music, University of Miami, FL, USA
- Friday Dec 17, 2010 Broadcasted on Electro-acoustic Music on Radio New Zealand Concert Radio New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand
- New 2010 version premiered on Sept 27, 2010, Centerpieces Concert, MU1001, UNT, Denton, TX, USA
- March 19, 2010, Ramsey Recital Hall, the UGA Performing Arts Center, University of Georgia, GA, USA
- May 23, 2009, Chi-Shan Hall, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- March 16, 2009, Sookmyung Women University, Seoul, South Korea
- March 11,2009, Tainan National University of the Arts Kaohsiung, Tainan, Taiwan
- March 4, 2009, Richard P. Marasco Performing Arts Center Monroe Township High School, Monroe, NJ, USA
- October 4, 2007, Benefit Music Concert Chapel Hall, Chicago Ave. Evanston, IL, USA
- April 25, 2005 (premiere), Spectrum Concert, MEIT (MU 1001) University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA